Sunday, May 27, 2007

Girls,girls,girls.....


I never thought I would be surrounded by so much pink in my life. Pink clothes, purses, high heels, and the pretend make up - that is what my world has become! My first daughter came and I was sooo excited. Then we had a boy and I was totally thrilled. Someone to throw the ball with, get into trouble with, and collect action figures with. Then - we had two more girls, at the same time. I can handle that. I have one girl and I am sure it is not too much different. Also, I was almost sure that the next one would be a boy. We decided to not find out the gender on the next baby and let it be a surprise. Oh - it was! I was so convinced that the baby was a boy. I was in shock when the doctor told us it was a girl!!!! Four daughters and one son. A curve ball from life.

I am really excited though. I really don't care which we had I was just in a lot of shock. Truth is that I love my daughters. I love being their father and having them look to me to save the day. I also look forward to having to purchase some dead stuffed animal heads to hang on the wall and a big shotgun for when they start dating. I also look forward to all of the practical jokes that my son and I can play on the girls and their mother. It is hard to always be the one catching all of the blame so I am thankful that my son will be there.

Here is the latest update on names and ages of the kids:

Miranda, 6 years old
Logan, 4.5 years old
Haylie, 2 years old
Hannah, 5 minutes younger than Haylie's two years old
Lauren, 1 week old

By the way, my wife is the BOMB!! Lauren Grace weighed in at 10 pounds 5 ounces and my wife had no pain medication. I couldn't have done it. I think I would have taken the pain meds and watched a good movie (maybe the whole LOTR trilogy if labor was that long). Anyway, my life is now a center for the female powers. I have many years ahead of dresses, clothes shopping, being called goofy, and I will be loving every minute of it!

No comments: